Summer Health Academy - Application Requirements
- The Online Application can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/0LED4EebpPKLSTJ43
- Information needed to complete the application
- Education background of applicant's parents and grandparents
- Family and individual income information
- Applicant's FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Current and previous college enrollment information
- Completed personal statement essay to upload into the application
- Contact information of your references for the two letters of recommendation
- Submit one-page essay discussing health career interest and motivation for pursuing a college degree
- Submit two letters of recommendation (from faculty, counselor, adviser)
- Interview with selection committee members: Dates to be announced
Application Deadline: February 9, 2018 at 11:59pm
Submit a personal statement responding to all the following questions. The statement should be maximum of 500 words and double-spaced, with your name on it, and attached to application.
- Why do you want to participate in the HCOP Summer Bridge Health Careers Preparatory and Academic Enrichment Program? How can it support you in your educational and career goals?
- What are your health career interests and motivation for pursuing it?
- Describe any challenges that you have faced and how you overcame any obstacle(s) or what you would have done differently.
Two references are required.
- The first reference should be a professor or counselor. The person should be able to comment on your academic qualifications and on your potential to succeed in the HCOP Summer Health Academy and pursue a career in health.
- The second reference should be an employer, pastor, or extra-curricular advisor (coach, club advisor, community leader). The person should be able to comment on your personal attributes and abilities indicating your potential to be a competent compassionate future health care worker, as well as demonstrated commitment to serve the community.
We will contact your references for additional information about your application.
Telephone or videoconference interviews may be accommodated for applicants who do not currently reside on Oahu. In-person interviews will be coordinated between selection committee and the applicant.
Interviews will be held: March 1 - March 16, 2018