Summer Health Academy - Application Requirements
- Submit completed and electronically signed application form. You will be prompted to sign the online form at the end of the application - Online Application: https://form.jotform.com/hcop/application2017
NOTE: Application must be completed in one sitting, progress will not be saved. Please allow 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete the application. For reference to the full application and questions, download the application here: Summer Health Academy Application
- Information needed to complete the application
- Education background of applicant's parents and grandparents
- Family and individual income information
- Applicant's FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Current and previous college enrollment information
- Completed personal statement essay to upload into the application
- Contact information of your references for the two letters of recommendation
- Submit one-page essay discussing health career interest and motivation for pursuing a college degree
- Submit two letters of recommendation (from faculty, counselor, adviser)
- Interview with selection committee members: Dates to be announced
Application Priority Deadline: May 19, 2017 at 11:59pm.
We will continue to accept applications until all seats are full. Please email email@example.com with your intent to apply. We will update the website when applications are closed.
Submit a personal statement responding to all the following questions. The statement should be maximum of 500 words and double-spaced, with your name on it, and attached to application.
- Why do you want to participate in the HCOP Summer Bridge Health Careers Preparatory and Academic Enrichment Program? How can it support you in your educational and career goals?
- What are your health career interests and motivation for pursuing it?
- Describe any challenges that you have faced and how you overcame any obstacle(s) or what you would have done differently.
Two letters of recommendation are required.
- The first letter should be from a professor or counselor. The person should be able to comment on your academic qualifications and on your potential to succeed in the HCOP Summer Bridge Health Careers Preparatory and Academic Enrichment Program and pursue a career in health.
- The second letter should be from an employer, pastor, or extra-curricular advisor (coach, club advisor, community leader). The person should be able to comment on your personal attributes and abilities indicating your potential to be a competent compassionate future health care worker, as well as demonstrated commitment to serve the community.
Letter writers may submit their recommendation online: https://form.jotform.com/hcop/recommendation2017
Deadline to submit Letter of Recommendation: May 22, 2017 at 11:59pm.
Late submissions may be accepted please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an extension to the deadline
Telephone or videoconference interviews may be accommodated for applicants who do not currently reside on Oahu. In-person interviews will be coordinated between selection committee and the applicant.
Interviews will be held: Dates to be announced