Summer Health Academy - Application Requirements
- The Online Application can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/0LED4EebpPKLSTJ43
- Information needed to complete the application
- Education background of applicant's parents and grandparents
- Family and individual income information
- Applicant's FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Current and previous college enrollment information
- Completed personal statement essay to upload into the application
- Contact information of your references
- Submit one-page essay discussing health career interest and motivation for pursuing a college degree
- Submit two references (from faculty, counselor, adviser)
- Interview with selection committee members: Dates to be announced
We are still accepting applications!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to apply.
Submit a personal statement responding to all the following questions. The statement should be maximum of 500 words and double-spaced, with your name on it, and attached to application.
- Why do you want to participate in the HCOP Summer Bridge Health Careers Preparatory and Academic Enrichment Program? How can it support you in your educational and career goals?
- What are your health career interests and motivation for pursuing it?
- Describe any challenges that you have faced and how you overcame any obstacle(s) or what you would have done differently.
Two references are required.
- The first reference should be a professor or counselor. The person should be able to comment on your academic qualifications and on your potential to succeed in the HCOP Summer Health Academy and pursue a career in health.
- The second reference should be an employer, pastor, or extra-curricular advisor (coach, club advisor, community leader). The person should be able to comment on your personal attributes and abilities indicating your potential to be a competent compassionate future health care worker, as well as demonstrated commitment to serve the community.
We will contact your references to complete a reference form as part of your application.
Telephone or videoconference interviews may be accommodated for applicants who do not currently reside on Oahu. In-person interviews will be coordinated between selection committee and the applicant.
You will be contacted for an interview after we receive your application.