Summer Health Academy - Eligibility Criteria
- Students who will be attending a college within the University of Hawai‘i system in the Fall 2021 semester
- Priority will be given to incoming transfer and freshmen students at UH Mānoa
- Second priority, any UH Community College student
- Students who are first to college or from an educationally disadvantaged high school and from a low-income background (see criteria below)
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a health profession and commitment to serve in areas of need in Hawai‘i and the Pacific
- In good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA)
- The individual is the first generation in his or her family to attend college; or
- The individual graduated from (or last attended) a high school with Hawai‘i School Assessment Scores (HSA) lower than the State average; or
- The individual graduated from (or last attended) a high school in Hawai‘i with graduation rates lower than the State average ; or
- The individual graduated from (or last attended) a high school in Hawai‘i with college-going rate lower than the State average.
- The individual comes from a family with low-income*
size as published by the Department of Health and Human Service's poverty guidelines:
- Individual meets the criteria for low-income background if their 2020 annual family income does not exceed the following guidelines. For example, the income level to qualify for a family/household of 3 is $60,260.